How can a skin disease on the leg be treated while using Halovate cream?
See a surgeon
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
For how long do you have this? Is it growing or changing colours recently? If its not changing, then its probably something benign. It does have irregular borders.
I suggest that you see a general surgeon for exact diagnosis and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
It is probably psoriatic plaque
Thanks for reverting back.
If its not growing, then its probably psoriatic plaque. A dermatologist or surgeon will be able to pinpoint the diagnosis.
Since is not causing trouble or growing or changing and steroidal cream is not helping, it is safe to leave it alone. There is nothing to worry about it. If ever it changes its a cause of worry.
There are antipsoriatic medications available, but they work for some time and recurrence is common.
From your description its a harmless condition.
Its treatment depends on its cause. If its due to psoriasis or eczema then it may recur after surgery.
If its a benign lump because of any other cause then surgery will be helpful.
Surgery can also cause stitch marks. A plastic surgeon can do a better job at cosmetic results.
Surgical visit will be helpful atleast to know the diagnosis. Surgeon may run tests like biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. Surgery is your personal choice. Since it does not hurt, so surgery maybe done only for cosmetic reasons. Otherwise its not needed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Vaishalee Punj, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...