Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can a rheumatologist helps to get cured from PMR?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
How may a Rheumatologist help me beat PMR?
I have had Polymyalgia for nearly 4 years so am to be referred to a Specialist.
Does this usually bring good results?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Polymyalgia Rheumatica is not a common condition. It is only quite recently that the diagnostic criteria for PMR was established. So it is not something which can be treatable by regular physician.

Rheumatologist would certainly have more expertise and experience in handling patients with PMR. Therfore, you must consult and take their advice.

Ther are certain prescription medications, which are used for PMR and have shown benefit. Your Rheumatologist would be able to help you in this regards.

Hoep this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information.


Dr Kiran.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor