How can a prolapsed bladder be treated?
prolapse/drop of the bladder can occur
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Prolapse of an organ means that the organ (such as the bladder) drops or moves from its normal space and may therefore push against surrounding structures.
The bladder can prolapse (drop from its normal position). This is called a cystocele.
When it is very severe the bladder can appear at the opening of the vagina.
A cystocele/ prolapse or drop of the bladder , is diagnosed on physical examination. In some cases imaging is needed with a test called cystogram (x rays of the bladder).
If there are no symptoms and the prolapse is mild then treatment may not be necessary but if it is severe then surgically treatment may be recommended.
i hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How are bladder and pelvic pain treated
- How are irregurailties in the bladder treated
- How to treat the bladder weakness and erectile dysfunction
- How to treat a collapsed gall bladder
- Bladder devices for prolapsed bladder
- How to treat bladder infections
- Cystocele bladder prolapse
- Female prolapse bladder
- Prolapsed bladder and uterus
- Bladder prolapse and hysterectomy
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...