• question-icon

How can a plantar wart be treated?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I developed a corn 4 months back. I used corn cap but to no avail. when I visited my doctor, he advised me to use Kerasol F topically. But I'm worried. attaching a picture of the same. Kindly advise on what must be done going forward.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Planter wart. Use keratolytic agents

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Image.

This seems more like a plantar wart rather than a corn. Anyways treatment for the two conditions in similar.

I also suggest you to start with Kerasol F lotion. Use it once every night.
Apply the lotion with the help of an applicator provided with the pack and allow it to dry. Kerasol F lotion contains topical keratolytic mixture of salicylic acid (17%) and lactic acid (17%).
The mechanism of action of Keratolytic is that it will exfoliate/ peel off thickened infected skin of plantar wart and get rid of the wart.
It would also help shorten the treatment duration if you also shave off a few dead layers mechanically with the help of a scalpel blade.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist