How can a pituitary tumor be treated?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 28 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have a pituitary tumour. I cannot seem to find any information on pituitary bleeds, and I know that this​ was explained to me when the tumour was initially found. Could you please tell me the symptoms of a pituitary bleed?

was explained​ to me when the tumour was first found. What are the symptoms of a pituitary bleed?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Pituitary tumor bleeding (or apoplexy) is a neurosurgical emergency.

Some patients may experience no symptoms, others may experience symptoms such sudden onset of headache, meningismus, visual impairment, and oculomotor abnormalities in varying combinations.

In such cases, ER evaluation is mandatory.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad