How can a lump on the back be treated?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: my boyfriend has a bump on his back it looks sort of like a boil but there's no head I've tried popping it I've squeezed it I poked it it's just tissue supposedly and he doesn't feel it it doesn't bother him and he doesn't feel it it's just a little lump in his back people are saying it's cancer is he saying he went to the doctor and they didn't see cancer and he's never sick it's just sits there.
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A benign lump

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,
From what you describe, it seems to be a benign wart or a lipoma.
Lipomas are collections of adipose tissue, in the form of a bump, without head and which you can't pop out. They are well round shaped and you can move them beneath the skin. Sometime they can hurt, but most of the time they don't. They just stay there, without bothering the patient, but just affecting the aesthetic part of the skin.
If the bump is not how I described it, please tell me more about the color, border, consistency and how much above the skin it is. You can also check on the internet for pictures of lipomas, but do not be afraid because often on the web there are pictures of extreme cases. Still, you will be able to create an idea about the kind of lump we are talking about.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Eni 1 hour later
should he be worries it gets bigger when he gains weight but other than that it's fine!
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
As you said, it may get bigger if he gains weight, but it usually remains unchanged for many years. It may develop rapidly in the beginning, and then it stays the same. As I said, the concern is mostly aesthetical, but a very small percent of them may get infected. In this case, it becomes red, swollen and warm, and he will need to take antibiotics.
Other than this, there will be no other problems.
If you are clear and don't have any other question, you may close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you and your boyfriend good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Follow up: Dr. Eni 10 minutes later
I'm giving you a review thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. Eni 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's my pleasure

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your review and thank you for using Healthcaremagic.com