Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can a lump in the right nipple be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 1312 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I have a lump the size of a bb about 2 inches above my right nipple
Answered by Dr. Rishi 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get it examined.

Detailed Answer:
It is most likely a benign cyst like a Dermoid.
But please get it examined by your GP or a Surgeon.
It is better to get it evaluated and probably removed by a small surgery or excisional biopsy.
Take care and do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Benign cyst

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m a 62yr caucasian male. A recent US showed 4 benign cysts. 6.8cm,2.4cm.1.6cn on interpolar left and 1.7cm on parapelvic right. All have grown since my last US 2 years ago. My creatinine is 1.69. I have had 3 episodes of PE s, 4 episodes of DVT s in 4 years. I am now on warfarin with INR 2.9. I have spinal stenosis from an old L1 burst fracture. I have lower back leg pain and muscle cramps. I m concerned about complications if I have the cysts aspirated. Managing the pain requires quite a bit of narcotic pain meds which cause constipation and then additional pain. Could the aspiration reduce the pain level? What other concerns could the procedure cause?

doctor1 MD

Hello, Initially since 10-15 days I had a feeling little and moderate level of pain at my right testis gland and then it spread to right leg portion, this pain is not like continues but it feel more when I walk or run more. I was goes for a...

doctor1 MD

I have a lump (smaller than a pea) inside my tongue. It doesn’t hurt and the tongue looks normal. You can only feel it when you press on my tongue with your fingers. What could it be?

doctor1 MD

I had a Transvaginal ultrasound due to fibroids found upon pelvic exam. I'm 45 years old and still have my periods. I am not symptomatic but the ultrasound showed a 2.2 cm thickness of the endometrial evho complex. Multiple fibroids. Some pelvic...

doctor1 MD

I have been having pains under my right rib cage, my doctor suspected gallbladder disease or stones, but that is not the case. An ultrasound found what looks to be a benign cyst in my liver, and a blood test revealed H. Pylori. I am on meds for the latter, but still have the pain under my rib cage and through to my lower back....any ideas?

doctor1 MD

In march 2012 I was diagnosed w/a 1 cm lung nodule. Following a second PET scan I was told that I had lesions in my spleen. I had an ultrasound that confirmed a benign cyst. I am going to the lung nodule program in Fresno on the 30th. However, I am now concerned about this cyst in my spleen. Can it be dangerous?

doctor1 MD

i get severe pain after drinking alcohol in my shoulders and right ribs. A recent ew ailment is vaginal bleeding of very bright red blood.had hodgkins lymphoma several years ago scared may have something similar. Not sure how to approach doctor, just had benign cyst removed from left breast 5.5cm as well. See doc for results few days should i mention to him. Wondered if could be gall stones