How can a lump in the hip be treated?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: Hi,
I have lump at right side of my hip which is around 2cm.I don't have any pain it is there for past 7 years.I don't know wether it is on the skin or on the hip bone.On standing position if I touch it is small and hard and on bending position it is soft.Twice I went to general physician and he said it would be lipoma and need not taken care until gets more pain or enlargement.Should I diagnosis this or when is the right time to go for medical help?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can get it removed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like Lipoma,swelling arising from fat tissue.
As it is 2cms , I prefer to remove it and send it for Histopathological examination (Biopsy ).Exact diagnosis will be confirmed.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further. There is no need for admission. It is done under Local anaesthesia.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj