question-icon

How can a lump below the nipple causing pain before menstruation be treated?

Posted on Mon, 19 Nov 2018
Question: Hi I found a lump in my breast below nipple which seemed to appear overnight and hurts now especially before my period
Answered by Dr. Monish De (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Bilateral mammography test.

Detailed Answer:

Since you are having a lump in your breast below the nipple and is hurting before your periods I would advise you to do bilateral mammography test.

If any space occupying lesion is found in the test then biopsy has to be done to rule out malignancy.

If you have any more queries I will be glad to help.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Monish De (19 minutes later)
Yes I am going to the doctor tomorrow . But I can’t find any peace of mind :( I also forgot to mention that I did 1 ivf cycle in October . Can ivf hormones cause breast cancer ?
Answered by Dr. Monish De (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
IVF hormones do not cause breast cancer.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back...

In fact, if you do seven or more cycles of IVF then the risk of development of breast cancer in later life reduces by 50%.

Stay healthy.

Dr. Monish De, Oncologist
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist