How can a knot at the injection site on the buttock be treated?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: I have a knot on my left butt muscle possibly near the injection site. Unsure if it was an antibiotic or steroid given there. What could this be? 2 1 /2 months since...
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible induration at injection site .provide details please .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* This seems in relation with possible induration at the injection site .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Knot - size , consistency , progress since noticed .
2. Associated pain , itching .
3. Any alteration in the color , temperature of overlying skin .
4. If visible over the surface and no objection then take a photo pic and give
as an attachment in follow up conversation to evaluate it more precisely .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 23 minutes later
Yes, does seem in relation to the injection site.
Knot is very deep a finger past my hip
appx size of a nickel
not growing
no pain
2 1/2 months now my concern is it never went away
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Welcome

Thanks for the details .

* Needs definite internal evaluation with the examination of ultrasound of the
local part to get its exact size , depth , internal texture and decide further
mode of action .
* Ice application is advisable till that time .

Wishing you fine health ahead .

Welcome for any further guidance .
Regards dear take care .