How can a head lice infestation in the pubic hair be treated?
Yes, can start with regular lice shampoo first..
I read your message and understood your problem.
It seems that you got pubic lice, that is a little different from the hair lice. Pubic lice infestation is caused by phthirus lice and the hair lice is caused by pediculus humanus capitis.
Pubic lice are spread by intimate contact or by using the blankets or towels of infected people. Please, keep proper hygiene to prevent other infestations.
You can use over the counter lotions or shampoos like A200, RID or NIX. You can even start with the shampoo you used for hair lice.
If it is mild infestation you just need to wash the area often and take proper hygiene care. If the infestation is resistant to these efforts, use something stronger like Ovide which is a lotion that you leave in the affected area for 8-10 hours before wash or Stromectol which is an oral drug (pill). Lindane is the strongest drug and is for topical use.
Start with something less stronger. Leave Lindane as the last option.
Decontaminate your home, clothes, and everything. Be careful in intimate life as you can spread lice to your husband as well.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treat head lice
- How do head lice spread
- Treatment and cure for lice infestation
- I am recovering from a body lice infestation i read where
- Diagnosis of lice infestation
- Bad lice infestation
- Symptoms of lice infestation
- Drugs/medication for lice infestation
- Lice infestation causes
- Itching eyes and lice infestation
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?