How can a gall bladder stone be removed?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor.
I have stone in gallblader.
Is taking beer is fruitful?
Can operation is the only solution?
Please help.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the ideal solution... but...

Detailed Answer:

Yes surgical removal of gall bladder is the ideal solution for gall stones; especially if the stones are large, multiple and recurrent. However if you are asymptomatic, then surgery is not an immediate requirement.

Though some reports indicate alcohol and beer beneficial and reduces gall stones. I would not overly rely on these reports. Heavy alcohol consumption including beer have bad effects on liver which can be worsened by gall bladder problem. So if you are a heavy drinker, then I will suggest you go slow on beer consumption.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad