How can a dog bite be treated?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in Infections
Question: Sir I am bite by dog on 09/02/2016 at 7:20AM and after that I have complete clean that area by soap and water and take ARV and immunoglobulin 1200 IU plz advice me any risk may be in my future
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query. In case of a dog bite, anti rabies immunoglobulin as well as anti-rabies vaccine has protected you for now and it is unlikely to have any negative effect in the future.

However, in case of a subsequent dog bite at a later date, you might still need to get vaccinated again.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee