• question-icon

How can a clogged right ear along with constant dizziness be treated?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My head is always dizzy for at least four years. the doctors have ordered scans of my brain many times and the ear, nose and throat doctor has ordered scans but no doctor has found out why my head is like this and now my right ear is always plugged up and that throws dizziness in my head and makes me unbalanced. No doctor knows why my ear is always plugged up. YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MRI with gadolinium and endoscopy may be necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Plugged ear and dizziness may indicate problems or blockage of one of your Eustachian tubes.

Conditions that may block the Eustachian tube include allergies, repeated colds, tumors of the cranial base, adenoids of nasal cavity, smoking, etc.

If you had CT scans done, allergies or adenoids should be considered.

In cases like yours, MRI of the head with gadolinium and endoscopic examination of paranasal cavities are necessary to get a correct diagnosis.

Discuss with your ENT Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical