How can a blood test result mentioning Factor X Assay and Factor 2 Assay values be interpreted?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Oct 2019 in Blood Disorders
Question: I need help with interpreting some blood test results that I just got that I'm having trouble understanding and I'm currently in the hospital and no doctor seems to be able to Explain them to me.
My Factor X Assay is 30.9 and says the range should be 50-150 and my Factor 2 Assay is 62.1 with it saying a range as well of 50-150. And my Warfarin Blood test says 1.8 with a reference value of 2.0-5.0? I have been in the hospital now for 46 days and I'm just looking for an explanation. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Factor X deficiency is a condition caused by not having enough of the protein known as factor X in your blood. Factor X plays a role in blood clotting, also called coagulation, which helps you to stop bleeding,for that reason you have low level warfarin blood test too

Since there is the possibility of hemorrhage, doctors should find the cause of the disease to give the proper treatment in your case

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana