How can a 3 mm stone in the kidney be treated?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Since last 5 years my urine report shows rbc as 10 -15 /hpf .I don't have major stones cyst .I always feel tired and drowsy lost concentration .always have lower backpain hip jointhe pain and always have anxiety.
Please let me know what could be reason and further treatment
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide few more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query,
Based on your gross statement that your routine analysis report shows 10-15 RBC .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Have you ever consulted any Nephrologist or Urologist ?
2) What is your age and gender?
3) Do you have Diabetes or Hypertension ?
4) Have you carried out investigations if so please upload reports

The symptoms that you have could be due to chronic Renal Paranchymal disease and needs to be ruled out by investigations in detail
Consult qualified Nephrologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis
1) Haemogram
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Renal function tests
4) Blood sugar levels
5) Liver function tests

Further treatment and investigations if required will be decided by him based on clinical findings and results of these tests .

Hope I have answered your query .Please do not hesitate to write if you have more questions
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Consulted urologist USG shows 3 mm stone in kidney
Ct scan normal .positive for dysmorphic rbcs
He has suggested to consult nehprologist.
My age is 38 gender male. Urine microscopy always shows rbc positive though kidney stone was not there earlier

No diabetic no high BP my BP is always in range of 90/60
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Nephrologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Presence of Dysmorphic RBC in urine suggests Nephropathy and needs to be investigated further ,.

I would suggest you to consult qualified Nephrologist to assess the renal function ,he may advise you to go for Renal Biopsy.

The stone of a size of 3 mm is not of significance .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Is this of major concern.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
We have to rule out Nehropathy .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Presence of Dysmorphic RBC in urine is a concern and indication of a Renal Paranchymal disease .If neglected you may land into problem of renal failure after a long term .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Thanks for your advise.What precautions needs to be taken.is this condition lead to back pain I am having unbearable pain in back.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Rule out Kidney stone

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Back pain could be due to kidney stone and needs to be ruled out .

Consult qualified Urologist and get Ultrasound scnning of abdomen done .

Further treatment will depend upon the findings of Scanning

Thanks and regards,
Dr XXXXXXX