How can Zeptol be tapered off?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am currently on 400mg zeptol CR along with other anticonvulsants divalproex and lobazam.
Due to adverse side effects of carbamezapine, doc has recommended substitution of zeptol with lacoset 100.
In what steps do you advise tapering off of zeptol and introduction of lacoset 100?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dose may be tapered to Zeptol CR 200 before stopping.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar, a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Before 400 mg Zeptol CR can be stopped, dose should be tapered to Zeptol CR 200 which can be used for a couple of weeks before stopping the drug. Lacoset can be started with 100 mg from the first day,as that's the basic dose for the same.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)