How can Neo-Mercazole dose be reduced from 5mg to 2.5mg as prescribed by the doctor?
I would like to consider XXXXXXX as the body pain, swelling and inflamation on full body, weight gain etc. are really troubling me now
sure you can go for XXXXXXX
I know Neomercazole 2.5 mg is not available. the tablet 5 mg is a scored tablet and can be broken into half.
now your thyroid balance is anyways normal so XXXXXXX is not very much recommended now.
still if you want you can go for it but for that you will have to take off neomercazole for sometime , allow hyper thyroid state to go up again and then the gland can be ablated.
as of your body pains, you can take Calcium, Vitamin D, Pregabaline to help you.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I have stopped the medication since 2 weeks now. will wait and observe the changes and the levels of TSH.
what should be the normal range of TSH. also what dosage of Pregabaline should i take. are there any side effects.
there is hoarseness of voice also due to the goitre. could the body pain be due to menopause. I wake up sweating a lot at night. what can be taken for the menopause symtoms like dryness etc.
pregabaline might cause little sedation
Normal desired TSH value is between 1-3 uIU/ml.
Pregabaline can be taken as 75 mg at night. might cause some drowsiness.
If your goitre is big enough to cause hoarseness of voice, you might need ablation or surgery.
yes symptom overlap is significant between thyroid and menopause. you may require HRT ie hormone replacement therapy , if symptoms are much. for vaginal dryness there are estrogen creams available, lubricants as well.
Dr. Minal Mohit
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neo mercazole and indigestion
- Drinking whilst taking neo mercazole
- Neo mercazole blurred vision
- Neo mercazole conception
- How can i overcome the side-effects of neo mercazole
- Neo mercazole gases bloated
- Does neo mercazole cause leukemia
- Problems taking neo mercazole
- Neo mercazole side effects
- Sore throat from neo mercazole?
- Gaining weight. Accumulation of fat near chest and belly area. What can...
- Average levels of progesterone and estrogen throughout menstrual cycle?...
- Too much calcium in blood. Fluctuation in hyperparathyroidism, kidney...
- Had weight gain, sore body, heavy periods and mood swings. Thyroid test...
- Diabetic, have fluctuating sugar and high creatinine. Suggested novarpid...
- Diagnosed with empty sella syndrome. Having symptoms of hypogonadism....
- Having addisons disease. Have been exposed to hydrogen sulfide. Having...
- Have hair thinning problem. Under going treatment in homeopathy but no...
- Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron...
- Suffering from PCOD and thyroid. On thyronorm. Taking ayurvedic...