Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

How can I use foods to reduce swelling of my ovaries after egg retrieval?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
how can I use foods to reduce swelling of my ovaries after egg retrival? Will the swelling effect my egg transfer?
Which is better- 3 day egg transfer or 5 day egg transfer?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) You need to eat foods that are XXXXXXX in protein. For example : egg white, Chicken breast etc... The high protein foods will reduce complications associated with hyperstimulation.

2) This will not affect your embryo transfer chances. Embryos are transferred into uterus and hence ovary wont affect it. Do nt worry and stay relaxed.

3) Day 5 embryos are called blastocysts. Only if embryos are good quality , they will last till dday 5 and are better than day 3 transfer.

I hope I answered your queries.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility SPecialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor