Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

How can I treat dry white itchy patches in the groin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I m 26 years old. I m having dry white patches in groin area and all over my seat. It itches a lot and is flaky. Please suggest.
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Thanks for query.

What you might be having is a fungal infection of skin known as Taenia infection or popularly known as "Ring worm".

At this times of summer this is very common. It commonly occurs in areas where there is presence of moisture. Groin is such an area. They can stay there for months if not treated properly.

You need to take specific anti fungal treatment for this, cream as well as oral.

The Quadridrem and Candid B that you using both contains more or less same ingredients.Some times the anti fungal that you are using do not work. They also contains steroids which you should not use for longer periods without medical advise.

The best thing for you is to visit a dermatologist or your family physician as you used the OTC medicines already. You need early treatment for it now. The complete course is must, other wise this will not heal. There are very good anti fungal available today, they can help you.

Apart from medication please take care of following.

1.Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes
2.Wear more of cotton,avoid jeans
3.Take bath couple of times in a day
4.Keep the area dry,you doctor can give powder for this also.
5.Maintain good hygiene.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor