Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

How can I reduce my tummy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
How to reduce tummy ?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

You have not mentioned your weight so that I cannot presume that this is due to overweight or not.

As you had caesarean section delivery, you have to rule out incisional hernia as it is very likely because in hernia that part of tummy bulges out.

If there is collection of fat in the tummy, it requires demobilization of fat from that area.

Go for recti muscle abdominal exercise. This you can do by these ways.

1, Lie in the position where your back touches on the ground. Raise your one leg straight until you can near the chest. Keep it for some time and bring it down.
Do with another leg and then raise your both the legs.
Do this exercise for ten minutes in the morning and evening.

2, Now lie in the position where your abdomen and chest touches on the ground.
Raise your both the legs straight and head upwards making bow type appearance.
Keep this position for some time and then bring it down.
Do these exercise 10 mins in the morning and in the evening.

3, In this exercise lie in the position where your back touches on the ground.
Raise your leg with knees bent, pull your umbilicus inside, pull your pelvic floor up, and shoulders up so that your shoulder, butt and knee come in straight line, keep it for 10 seconds and then relax.
Do this exercise 10 min in the morning and in the evening.

Above all, exercise cut down fat and carbohydrate in the diet.

Take more XXXXXXX veggies and salads.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask.

I will be happy to help.

Dr. Ramesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor