Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How can I recover from disc bulge?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 3 Questions
i am wondering, i have a mild central posterior bulge of the disc L5/S1 disc would get more painful? is there anything i could do to make it recover?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. A.K.Venkatachalam 8 hours later

Thanks for your query.

A disc bulge alone without herniation of the soft jelly like portion will not cause severe problems like sciatica.

You have to be careful with your posture, sleeping habits. You may need to take rest for a couple of days if employed in case of severe pain. Painkillers may be taken in small quantities for short duration.

Do consult a Physiotherapist who can help you to reverse the problem to considerable extent.Its more of exercise is what needed for such mild structural abnormalities.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them

Yours sincerely
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor