Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can I prevent from tearing of penile foreskin post intercourse?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
My foreskin has been getting chapped for the last couple weeks after having sex with my wife. I had this problem before and it healed and no problem. But lately the last couple times we had sex...I pull my foreskin back it streches the skin and causes it to have little tears on the outside. What can I do to prevent this?
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Chapping of the Penile foreskin is due to lack of lubrication during sex and excess friction can result in such cuts.

To prevent it use of water based lubricants like K Y jelly can be helpful.

The condition will heal within a few days time, on its own, and there is no need to be concerned at all.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can I prevent from tearing of penile foreskin post intercourse? 16 hours later
I have been using K-Y jelly every time me and my wife engage in sexual activity. But the problem still persists. Is there anything that can be done to prevent the foreskin from cracking when pulling the foreskin back? Even when I pee, it feels like the skin is stretching and this cause little tears in the skin.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Having sex inspite of having such cuts on the penile foreskin, can aggravate the condition and delay the healing. For complete and proper healing a period of absteinance from sexual activity for a 3-4 days is definitely needed.

In case, the healing of the cuts has not occured even after adequate rest, but has persisted for a long duration, then you might be benefited by the application of a low dose steroid cream, which will reduce the inflammation and help in proper healing.

The other condition is the presence of a very tight foreskin of the penis, which when retracted you can have minor cuts when stretched. In such case a minor surgical procedure for the release of the tight foreskin will be helpful.

You might consult a doctor who can examine you and then determine the need for the procedure and also prescribe you the steroid cream.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor