How can I overcome erectile dysfunction while having anxiety?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Men's Health
Question: sir i am suffering from erectile dysfunction & premature ejaculation from long time and now a days my neurological treatment is going on they told me after mri and eeg test me suffering from anxiety and high blood pressure please suggest proper treatment for erectile dysfunction i fear a lot in night whether i can perform or not this ruins my relation also .if is treatable or not
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety is the main cause of our ED.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Based on the facts that you have posted the problem of ED that you are suffering from is mostly due to what is called Performance anxiety.

The following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting a good erection and delay ejaculation.

1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.

2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A, C, D, E and Zinc.

3)Take antioxidants like almonds 5-6 every day.

4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Counselling with qualified Psychiatrist will help to allay your anxiety and thereby to resolve your problem.

Taking Sildenafil (Viagra) as on-demand may help to get a good hard sustainable erection and to have enjoyable sex.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanks and Regards,
Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist