How can I manage pain after my total knee replacement surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
What is normally given for pain after total joint replacement? Total knee replacement? What is involved in rehab?

Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I give a combination of tramadol and paracetamol.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
The choice of pain killers after total Knee replacement generally depends on the surgeon or surgical protocol in a particular hospital. Here we normally give a combination of tramadol and paracetamol.
Rehab includes knee motions and muscle strengthening exercises and gait training. Sometimes rehab can be painful and last long depending on patient's condition.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.