How can I get stye on the lower right eyelid while on Amoxicillin?
I've been applying warm compresses. I think I have a blocked oil gland on the inside of my lower right eyelid, since I can see a small pus pocket inside. It is red and painful to the touch and hurts a little to blink. I got some eye wipes and eye salve from XXXXXXXX. How can I get this when I am on amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin is usually not effective on Staphylococcus these days.
Most of the Staphylococcus these days have resistance for only Amoxicillin, therefore, Clavulanic acid is added to Amoxicillin to make it active on such bacteria.
However, I would suggest you to have a broad spectrum cephalosporin such as Cefixime for this infection along with anti-inflammatory like Diclofenac for 5 days.
I hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Ophthalmologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?