Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of the acne marks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Hello Sir/Mam,

I have problem of acne and some older marks as a result of acne that remained on my face.Some says they are permanent marks and can't be remove.Please give your suggestion.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Varieties of Treatment options are now available for acne scars and pigmentation.
No single treatment is best for everyone.
Various procedures can improve your complexion, however.
Response to treatment varies from person to person.

Chemical peels- improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the skin to blister and eventually peel off.
It is useful in scars and pigmentation.

Microdermabrasion - removes the cells on the surface of the skin or dermabrasion to completely remove the top layer of skin. Useful in superficial scars.

Various laser treatments can also be used to treat acne scars.
IPL, fractional co2, Nd Yag lasers are effective.

Subcision -It is a process used to treat XXXXXXX rolling scars left behind by acne or other skin diseases.

In some cases, surgery to remove deeply indented acne scars is an option.

All these options can be used alone or in combination.

If you can upload good close-up photographs of yours (front and side view) I will be in position to suggest you more applicable treatment options.

If you need any further clarification please let me know.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor