Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can I get relief from bladder infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
I think I have a bladder infection, but the worst is my clitoris is very sensitive and I cant get any releif from this constant feeling. I am 64 years old and in good health otherwise .
How can I get releif from this?.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for the query

What are the symptoms exactly ?

In bladder infection there is frequency , burning and urgency of urine.
Are you having itching ?
Have you got your urine examination done ?
How many pus cells were there in urine ?

You can apply anti inflammatory ointment locally.
Drink urine diuretic alkalizers by adding them in water.
Have a course of antibiotic like nitrofurantoin or ofloxacin but it is better to go for culture and sensitivity before taking antibiotics.
If there is itching you can take antiallergic medications.
Drink lot of water and cranberry juice.
Any further query is most welcome
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can I get relief from bladder infection? 17 hours later
My Dr did not take a urine sample as I was not presenting with burning or itching as in cystites.

I just have a pressing feeling in my lower abdomen and this very uncomfortable aching in my clitoris how can I get rid of this it is driving me crazy.

I fel like I need to masturbate all the time but this just makes it worse.

Please tell me what to do I cant stand it anymore.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later
Hello ,
You must be having cystitis in which there is residual urine in the bladder.
Take Flavoxate tablet along with antibiotic like Ofloxacin or Norflox.
These antibiotics of Qunilone group are contraindicated in an epileptic disorder or any history of epilepsy.
Apply some steroid ointment of low potency like Beclamethasone with Neomycin and Clotrimazole combinations.
For pain you can take Diclofenac and Serratiopeptidase combination tablets.

I would still suggest you to go for urine examination and ultrasound as well as a visit to a gynaecologist.

Any other query is most welcome

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor