How can I get pregnant?

Dr. Saul Weinreb

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Question: How can I get pregnant for my second baby? My eldest is now 8years old..and im turning 30 this august..im have a new partner..he is 26 years old no baby yet.. For almost 5 months we're trying to conceived but still not positive..what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help Detailed Answer: fortunately, most healthy couples at your age don't have a problem getting pregnant. however, it is important to understand that it doesn't always happen right away. even a healthy couple having sex around 2-3 times a week will often take up to a year before they get pregnant. since you have only been trying for five months, that is still nothing to worry about. however, there are things you can do to help. first of all, you should maintain a healthy weight with a proper well balanced diet and moderate exercise, you should avoid smoking and alcohol, and he should as well because they can reduce sperm counts. you should review with your doctor all of your medications if you take any to make sure they are all safe for getting pregnant. you should avoid exposure to toxic fumes and chemicals. and make sure you get enough folic acid in your diet, you can find many supplements that have folic acid in the pharmacy. then you should make sure to follow your menstrual cycle. day one is the first day of bleeding. have sex every other day from day 9 through 17. if you don't have regular cycles, see your doctor to figure out what is wrong because you may not be ovulating which could make it harder to conceive. I hope this helps you, please let me know if you have any more questions. good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj