How can ED with pain in the testicles be treated?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Men's Health
Question: I have been experiencing erectile dysfunction for the last 2 months. First with reduced blood flow, then a reduction of "morning wood". I also have a sporadic dull ache in my left testicle, with no lumps or swelling detected. I am 40 yrs old, 6'2" at 205 lbs, with very little body fat. I lift weights regularly and suffered no injuries.
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to hormonal or psychological reasons.

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Thank You for posting your question in Health Care Magic.

The erectile dysfunction and the loss of the “morning wood” may be due to physiological or psycological reason. The physiological reason includes: problem with thyroid or problem with testosteron. In this case I would advice you to do a hormone analysis to rule this out. In case you are taking supplements or protein booster for your weight lifting sport, I would kindly advice you to stop with them.

The second reason may be psycological and this is due to stress. This can affect people who have a very hard working day and that are facing with problems in their lives such as losing jobs, losing girlfriends or just struggling a lot.

Regarding the spontaneous pain in your left testicle this can be due to a muscle rupture in your abdomen (as a result of weight lifting) that will give an inguinal hernia that produces the spontaneous dull pain. It can also come from epididimitis and you can rule it out with a ultrasound testicle examination. To be consider is also a prostatic infection. The situation of the prostate can also be seen under an abdominal ultrasound examination, but I would also suggest to make a urine analysis to check for any infection.
The last reason why the testicular spontaneous pain may come is because of hard sexual intercourse when you accidently hurt the testicles during sex.

If you have other question, please feel free to post them.
Dr. Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad