How can Charley horse pain be treated while on thyroid and BP medications?
Sometimes the leg pains are from the outside of the knee down towards the ankle
Sometimes I get pain on my inner thigh
Once I even got the pain in my foot and it stiffened up on me. I massaged it and it subsided
The charley horses are in my calves and sometimes it’s so severe, I practically pop out of bed
Other times, the charley horses are a little more mild but do awaken me
Get examined by a neurologist and evaluated as advised
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Possibility of Vitamin or electrolyte deficiency or lumbar radiculopathy is likely.
Is there any back pain ?
Any urinary complaints?
Get examined by a neurologist and evaluation.
Blood investigations like serum sodium, potasium,urea and creatinine should be done.
Vitamin D3 levels should be done.
Lumbar spine imaging should be planned.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat high bp
- How to lower bp without medication
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- How is high stress and bp treated
- Some chest pains with headaches while on bp pills
- How can bp be treated naturally
- Does thyroid control bp
- How to control bp without medications
- How to lower bp with medication
- How to control high bp resulting chest pain
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?