• question-icon

How can ADHD, sensory processing disorder and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome be treated?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: My son and I have recently been seeing a homeopathic practitioner who works in a chiropractic office. I have experienced mild improvement in my anxiety and overall energy and fatigue levels since seeing her. My son has ADHD, sensory processing disorder, and hyper XXXXXXX type Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and he does take meds for the ADHD, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have him see her too. He is 10 years old. She did something called a "live blood analysis" where she pricked our fingers and took a small drop of blood on a slide, looking at it under something called a dark field microscope. My blood cells were round and freely flowing, my sons were all stacked and smushed together, and shaped like little discs. She seemed more concerned with his blood appearance, although she claims she cannot diagnose anything and only looks at the blood to see if any supplements are needed. My question is this: is this something to be concerned about? I looked up dark field microscope blood on Youtube and every video that had blood that looked like my son's mentioned inflammatory diseases and cancer. I'm really scared by this, but I think my pediatrician would be irritated that I even allowed him to have his finger pricked, I also don't want to get the practitioner in any trouble. But I'm scared by the things I've been reading. He does bruise easily, but he always has and I've been told this is due to his Ehlers-Danlos. He has been tired lately, but has been taking a small dose of Clonidine for the hyperactivity and his morning dose was discontinued and the tiredness seemed to get better. He also seems to have had a lot of mild fevers/stomach bugs over the past few months, but the pediatrician says it's just normal kid viruses. I'm very nervous about this, and realize I got myself into a bind by seeing someone who is not an actual MD. Do you have any advice? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about cancer or other serious condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Your son have ADHD, hypermobile EhlarDanlos syndrome and sensory processing problems.
You are taking treatment of that.

He need just a good child psychiatrist and good pediatrician to treat this condition.

Now comes to your point. No any cancer or inflammatory disorder are diagnosed by just put the drop under microscope. Normal RBC are biconcave in shape. So don't go for such procedure. Consult your pediatrician and take treatment accordingly. Forget about live blood analysis and all that.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist