How are stress fractures treated ?
Thanks for writing to us.
The hairline fracture you had without any history of trauma or injury was most likely a stress fracture. Such kind of fractures usually happen due to calcium deficiency at your age.
Standing for one hour continuously is a stress enough to reinjure that old fracture site.
I would advise you to start a calcium and calcitriol supplementation in consultation with your orthopaedician. You need to rule out a repeat fracture and assess the the extent of callus formation at the previous fracture site.
Meanwhile avoid weight bearing on your ankle. Take a diet XXXXXXX in calcium and you can have mild pain killers like acetaminophen to relieve your pain.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How are stress fractures treated
- Treating stress fractures in runners
- How to wrap a stress fracture
- Vitamin d and stress fractures
- Metatarsal stress fracture
- Symptoms of a stress fracture
- Stress fracture from crossfit
- How to treat a stress fracture on foot
- Stress fracture of hand symptoms
- How do stress fractures occur