Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How are pearly penile papules treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
I have little white pimples on the head of my penis Dat come and go alot and the skin on the shaft when I rub it, it peels into like this white moist substance my skin does not burn or itch nd its not even red what can this be?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later

Thank you for the query,

What you have possibly is PEARLY PENILE PAPULES. It is absolutely normal to have this. It is nothing but tiny sebaceous glands(oil producing glands).

They look like small raised flesh colored to white colored round lesions over the coronal area of penis. They may also secrete small amount of waxy material, which can and should be washed frequently.
They usually develop during the puberty and may persist till adult hood.

It has no relations to any sexually transmitted diseases.

And one does not require any treatment for this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.


Dr.Bharat Chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor