How are new pack of birth control pills used?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have been on birth control for about a year and a half my last period started on a Sunday, the day after my last active pill. I usually start on a Tuesday
Should I have started my new pack early or the following sunday like I always have?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow the same Calendar!......Following Sunday!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I will recommend that you continue taking the pills recommended. If you have sugar pills, take the and conclude as scheduled before starting the new pack. Your pills would not be adjusted following subtle and very minor changes each month.

In all, same calendar with no changes. That means the following Sunday and not earlier.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thank you so much for trusting us with your health questions.