Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

How are fertility tests done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 10216 Questions
how do I go about finding doctor for fertility test
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
there are websites that can locate a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

A semen sample could be requested by a general practitioner, urologist or a fertility doctor.

An assessment of a female for fertility issues requires a check of the cervix, uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. This involves blood tests (checks the function of the ovaries), imaging such as laproscopy , ultrasound or HSG (hysterosalphinogram).

Hysterosalphinogram checks for any blockage in the tubes.

To find a urologist or fertility specialist you can use the doctor search engines such as webmd directory,, findadoc,, the doctorfinder with the american medical association.These sites help to find doctors in different specialities according to your location

Alternatively you can start the initial testing with your GP and be referred with the results.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor