Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How are enlarged lymph nodes treated in the stomach via shots?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9448 Questions
What kind of shots are given for enlarged lymph nodes in the lower stomach instead of doing chemo?
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Well, it is hard to say what type of lymph node enlargement it is and what shots is your doctor talking about. However, if this is proven lymphoma then (biopsy of blood tests positive for Hodgkin or nonhodgkin lymphoma) then chemotherapy is required.

Shots may refer to steroid shots which are used for benign lymph node enlargements or sometimes for lymphoma. Some chemos can be given by "depo" shots but standard intravenous chemotherapy is recommended if lymphoma is confirmed.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor