How are enlarged lymph nodes treated in the stomach via shots?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Question: What kind of shots are given for enlarged lymph nodes in the lower stomach instead of doing chemo?
XXXXXXX Brown
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Well, it is hard to say what type of lymph node enlargement it is and what shots is your doctor talking about. However, if this is proven lymphoma then (biopsy of blood tests positive for Hodgkin or nonhodgkin lymphoma) then chemotherapy is required.

Shots may refer to steroid shots which are used for benign lymph node enlargements or sometimes for lymphoma. Some chemos can be given by "depo" shots but standard intravenous chemotherapy is recommended if lymphoma is confirmed.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee