Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How are classic hemorrhoids treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12672 Questions
Hi, I am 37. 5' 4" and about 70kg.
When I go to the toilet I experience a little pain around the anus and inside but afterwoods it gets very skingy/burning for several hours, sometime excrusiating. This has been going on for a couple of months. It only eases when I stand. I also seem to be urinating more lately
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

What you have described looks like a classic hemorrhoids.

A hemorrhoid is basically a small swollen blood vessel in the area of the anus. On occasion, these can be triggered by - prolonged sitting, heavy lifting, or possibly from anal sexual intercourse.

Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now. First, twice daily I would like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help shrink the swollen tissue.

Next, you can go to any local pharmacy and pick up a tube of preparation H cooling gel. This is a clear gel which you can apply to the swollen areas after each bowel movement and also at bedtime. Over time this helps also to shrink the hemorroidal tissue.

Frequent urination may be due to urinary infection which needs a routine urine examination for diagnosis.

Again, hemorrhoids are common and not worrisome.

Occasionally they can become larger and bleed in which case you need to consult a general surgeon.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor