How accurate is a HSV IgG test?
The test is reliable and conclusive
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
IgG -ve on multiple occasions is conclusive evidence that you dont have infection with herpes virus. This lab test is reliable and i dont think there is a need to do any further testing. It is an antibody based test and is very reliable and specific if Hsv IgG result turns up as negative more than 12-16 weeks after a possible infection.
Your skin condition could be related to some other etiology. I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area so that i am able to guide you better. You may upload images either in "Reports Section" Or you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of this mail as Attention: Dr.kakkar.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body