How accurate are 4th generation tests?
I happen to had a sexual encounter for the first time before 28 days.I used a condom but it broke .I had a 4th generation test on the 16th day after the possible exposure and the result was negative. I read that 4th generation tests a highly accurate and detects the virus after 16 - 28 days.Today is my 28th day and I want to take another 4th generation test on 3oth day.
Could you please recommend me which test has to be taken either 4th gen or PCR RNA or any other.
I am scared a lot ,
Are the test results of my previous test can be consired.If yes what are the chances that I might not be infected with HIV?
I read in many articles that 4th gen tests are almost conclusive after 16 days.
Could you please suggest me what to be done.I could not take this off my chest from the day 1 .
4th generation tests are highly specific
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
4th generation tests are sble to detect HIV antigen as early as 10 days of possible exposure.
As your tests are negative at 16 th day the chance of havong HIV infection will be very very less.
But as there is a window period in case of HIV virus you need to test with 4th generation tests at the end of 90 days of possible exposure.
The 4th generation tests can detect both sntigen and antibody of HIV virus. If it is negative after 90 days it is 100% confirm that you are not having HIV infection.
I will take the same test after 90 days window period as per the protocol.but as per the above test.can I conclude Iam MOSTLY free from HIV.
The chance of having HIV is very very less
I have gone through your attached lab reports.
As it has come negative after 30 days of possible exposure, the chance of having HIV infection will be very very minimal. Almost nil in that case.
Another test after 90 days will confirm 100% whether you have HIV infection or not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 3rd and 4th generation cephalosporins
- How accurate is third generation hiv test
- 4th generation elisa test 4 weeks
- Elisia 4th generation 10 weeks
- How accurate is a fourth and third generation elisa test
- 4th generation cephalosporin po
- Eclia clia method 4th generation method
- 3rd generation elisa hiv test how accurate
- 4th generation rapid test
- Hiv test 4 weeks 4th generation
- Is a greenish skin color near injury sign of gangrene?
- What causes throat pain after having sex?
- What causes high WBC count and negative HIV result?
- What causes bumps at the site of dog bite?
- Is CMIA method of HIV testing accurate?
- Is a 20 week HBV and HCV test result conclusive?
- Suggest OTC medicine for gonorrhea
- What does my typhoid widal test report suggest?
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through oral sex?
- How long does Lamisil take to have an effect on ringworm?