How Valparin Chron will impact on Pregnancy?
Now am planning to get married.. so I wanted to know that will this tablet affect on my fertility or this fits problem affect on my fertility.. Can I become a healthy mother?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern which is absolutely correct.
VALPRIN CHRONO ( SODIUM VALPROATE ) is definitely associated with problems in pregnancy.The risk of birth defects to foetus increases by 2-5 times than other anti epileptic medicines.Children born to mothers taking valproate have been found to be having lower IQ.
You should consult your doctor and ask him to change to other medication.
Preferably a combination of medicines in lowest doses is used.
Along with this FOLIC acid is also prescribed in addition.
I advise you to consult your neurologist for discussion on this subject and it would be better to start the new medicines many months before your marriage.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
I would like to ask you one more question.
Does this fits problem have permanent solution? Can it be permanently resolved? Can I live a normal life, which will be without tablets?
It is indeed a very difficult question which doesn't have a straight answer.
60-70 % people become seizure free if they didn't have any seizure for more than 5 years and then they can taper their dose.
Around 30% people keep on having uncontrolled fits.
There are all the chances that you may become seizure free and get rid of medicines slowly.
Be positive and forget about future.
It is not a very straightforward decision.
You have to consult your doctor and take his advice.
The drug has to be weaned very slowly which in itself can take many months.
Your doctor would be in the best position to guide about it.
Never do any tapering yourself.
It has to be done strictly under the guidance of your treating doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Valparin chrono and valparin difference
- Valparin chrono 300 pregnancy
- Substitute of valparin chrono in pregnancy
- How many days valparin200 shows it effect
- How to reduce dosage of valparin 200
- How valparin chrono worked
- Valparin in children
- Valparin alkalets and valparin chrono
- Valparin chrono pregnancy
- How to escape from valparin chrono 300
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?