Hot thighs and arms. On birth control pill YAZ. Is this a sign of an illness?
Many factors for your current condition shownbelow
You are taking Yaz, which is a birth control pill containing progestin and estradiol, both synthetic female hormones.
All your symptoms could be related to Yaz use. Many women have reported heart palpitations (your heart racing in the middle of the night when you get relaxed) and being very hot (legs).
In this case, I would recommend to test your female and thyroid hormone levels to see deeper. Also, can discuss with your OG how to gradually stop using Yaz if the the hormonal tests result abnormal.
Next, have you checked your blood sugar level? - Often birth control pills are associated with diabetes onset appearing with symptoms of "hot legs". So, I suggest to get some testing of blood sugar levels.
In addition, another possible explanation could be pregnancy. Have you tested for that? If not and your due date has already missed, can do the testing.
Hope it answered to your inquiry!
If you have any other concern or any other medical data, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Familon birth control pill
- Hot flashes and stopping birth control pills
- Zenchent birth control pills
- Is regestrone is birth control pill
- Yaz birth control pill
- Mercillon birth control pill
- Yaz birth control pills in dubai
- Hot flashes after stopping birth control pill
- Stopping birth control pills and severe hot flashes
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia yaz birth control pills
- Having severe abdominal pain. Feel like bloating. Have bouts of...
- Have slight throbbing pain in upper back and shoulder. Been on...
- Have COPD and asthma, can hardly breathe and downhill. Suggest?
- Diabetic. Overweight. Have belly fat. Have pain in feet and legs around...
- Had pain under armpit. Noticed some marks on bicep. Turned to bruise...
- Experience quick moments of discomfort on top of breast and along side...
- Done creatinine blood test result was high, advised to stop Metformin....
- Suffered dehydration. Blood pressure high. Having pin prick pains in...
- Diagnosed with bronchitis. Was given Z-pack but still feeling fatigued, ...
- What could be wrong if had carpal tunnel surgery on both the wrists?