Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Homosexuality, anxiety, adjustment disorders

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
hi i am 32 year old man, my problem having i am not a perfect man when i see some strong man. i never had sex with any female. but i like to attract with only man and sex also.i dont know wheter i can sex with female. i am getting married now. what to do. how can i change the attitude to like a strong man and manly behaviour. it is a very serious problem i am having. also whn i am going to sleep i wont get sleep immediately due to thinkg a lots, like family, future carrier all the things. so that i loose my sleep all the day also when i sleep i use to see dream. could you pls advise what kind of decesase this..looking for eagerly your advise....thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     32 years old unmarried male
•     Complaints of : attraction towards male, excessive worry and lack of sleep

From your information that you are attracted towards male only and not towards female it appears that you may have your sexual orientation towards male (homosexuality). I know it may be very stressful for you to accept but it is only my interpretation from your query.

Homosexuality is not physical and psychological disorders because of this, laws are being change in all word gradually, to provide it legal status. It is just a sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation can be of three types:
•     Heterosexuality: liking for opposite sex (which is also considered normal by society)
•     Homosexuality: liking for same sex
•     Bisexuality: comfortable with both sex

Prevalence of Homosexuality is around 2-4% and in some western countries it is more than 5%. Sexual orientation cannot be change and as this is not a disorder, so do not worry about its treatment. But it is commonly associated with anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder, self harm and isolation because of social complication.

In your case you already have excessive worry and sleep difficulty which indicates towards presence of anxiety. So stop accepting attraction towards male as a problem and accept yourself as you are naturally.

As you are planning to marry I would like you to consult from psychiatrist to make final diagnosis and for counselling in person. You may also need treatment of anxiety.

Final message to you: worry less, get psychiatrist consultation for counselling and treatment of anxiety.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor