Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Holes on penis, pains while urinating. Should go for cystoscopy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
penis pain :

Doctor, I developed a small piercing like hole on the underside of the tip of my penis when I was 14 that felt attached to the inside of my penis, I am circumcised, I swear the hole was not there before and was caused by masterbating (masturbating) with hot tub jets overtime, which I used frequently. I am 28 now, after noticing the bump I started getting tons of pain in that direct spot, I went to a urologist, didnt really mention the pain out of embarrassment and we proceeded to have the hole removed surgically, the urologist stupidly removed alot skin, way bigger than the actually hole, however the pain level continued. It wasnt until about three years ago that i went to see another urologist who performed a cystoscopy.

prior to the cystoscopy, he was confident as soon as he entered the bladder, I would feel the pain in the tip of my penis, when the nurse injected some gel into my penis, it hurt, in fact the whole under area is very sensitive alot of the time, I can press down and get pain and sometimes there wont be any pain, but most of the time it hurts when pressure is placed on it, when he performed the cystoscopy nothing hurt until he entered the bladder, which is right when he said it would hurt, in fact the pain was really bad in the tip of my penis, right when the scope entered the bladder

Sometimes when i urinate it comes out in two directions, often painful, but the pain doesnt occur until right when the urine touches the tip, I swear I can feel a dip in the urethra near the bottom tip, same with ejaculating, no problems with erection or orgasm, however i do have a short orgasm...

Also i noticed the development of my penis stop since that moment where I first felt pain, The doctor says there is no way the hot tubs jets over time could have caused the small hole to form or cause any damage.

Should I get a cystoscopy again or any other testing to see if theres XXXXXXX scarring....he says no,
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later

It is hard to believe that you developed hole with water jets. However, if you state so, it must be true.

Without being able to examine you physically and reviewing your records, I really can't understand the cause for your pain. I am interested in knowing what is the ‘stream of urine’ like. Whether you have to strain to pass urine and whether at any point of time you feel that you are retaining urine inside.

I will like an uroflowmetry done on yourself and if possible ultrasound KUB too which might give us clues to treat your problem. You may discuss with your urologist and get these tested done.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor