Hiv test negative at 145 days after having unprotected sex..The
1. I want to know the window period of hiv??
2. I seen in internet that the window period is 6 months??
3. Is my test conclusive???
4. Does i require the test after 6 month mark????
5. Is i am 100 percnt free from hiv??????
window period is 3-6 months...
The window period is between 3-6 months. Most HIV test these days are sensitive and specific. They are able to pick HIV infection within the 3 months and for all practical purposes test results at 3 months are conclusive especially when the partner was negative for HIV.
However for theoretical reasons, I'd suggest to repeat the test after 6 months.
For now, for all practical reasons, I'd consider you 100% free from HIV.
Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarification.
Should i need the repeat the test after 6 month mark????
This month i am going to marry..so i am little bit tensed..
Sir, you have many years of experience and have came across many patients.
Did u seen any patient that negative after 6 month and later positive??
I have a fear in my mind that now i am negative and if i would become positive after marriage...Is there has any chances????
Is my test are conclusive and 100 percent free from hiv????
the girl whom i have unprotected sex, i have tested her after 12 days of exprosure and 4 months after exprosure and the test is negative.
Is 6 month test is outdated and now a days 3 month test is conclusive and accurate??????
Sir, have you seen any patients negative after 3 month and later positive??????
I haven't seen late seroconverters...
As I mentioned in my first reply, I have not seen any cases of late seroconverters - where a patient tested negative at 3 months turned positive at 6th month or later. The late seroconverters that you read about have been theoretical and practically all of the patients I have seen don't turn positive when tests at 3 months are negative.
Yes, current 4th generation HIV tests are very accurate in detecting and ruling out HIV by 3 months. The accuracy is over 99%. Moreover the partner has been tested negative and therefore carries almost no risks of transmitting infection.
So, in my opinion, you shouldn't be overly worried. Proceed with your plan. 6th month test result will give you more mental peace, incase you are still worried after the marriage.
Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Sir you have many years of experience..According to you do i need a testing at 6 month mark??? and according to you i am 100 percent hiv free??
Should i repeat the test again???
It more than 5 month has passed
You need not repeat tests now...
Apologies for the late reply... I got away from internet this week due to personal commitments.
I understand your concern about HIV risks. As I mentioned in all my previous replies, for all practical purposes, your risks of becoming HIV positive (late seroconversion) is almost zero. I haven't witnessed any late seroconverters in my entire career. So you shouldn't be concerned and worried about it further.
In practice however, no clinician will be able to say with 100% guarantee inview of theoretical possibility. But based on years of practice,you are not likely to turn HIV positive now or in future. So you can safely resume marriage and involve in sexual activity without protection (condom).
Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if you still have doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...