Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Hit on head. Suffered from head pain, burning and tingling face. Should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
hello, i hit the top right side of my head from the hair line to the back of my head about 4 inches on a cabinet door that was above me. it knocked me completely down and for many minutes i could not compose myself. the rest of the day i suffered severe head pain, burning and also warmth and tingling down the side of my face, eye and check and ear. today the pain is better, just some smarts here and there but i noticed that my right eye seems to be different. maybe drooping or more open. it doesn't seem to squint as much as my other eye and it feels dry or like someone poked me in the eye slightly. do i need to go see a doctor?
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later

Thanks for the question.

In view of details and your symptoms you surely need to see a doctor and importantly get a Computed Tomography (CT) scan of head done.

There can be various issues like fracture orbit, injury to orbital structures and hematomas which can present like this.

Your doctor might also consider keeping you under observation for 24 hours.

So please consider seeing your doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further enquiries

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor