Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Hit my head. Got bleeding and developed lump. Any treatment to take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 706 Questions
The night before last I fell on my stairs. I hit my head pretty hard on the ground. Hit it on the top right side. There was a pretty big lump that formed immediately and it was sore. I did not notice till the next morning that it was bleeding a bit and I noticed it in my hair. I did not go to the doctor or lose consciousness or feel confused. Today, my head is still sore where I hit it only and feels I little tight at the point where I hit it. Not sure if that is because I broke the skin or if I should be very worried and go to the doctor. Thanks. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 46 minutes later

Thanks for posting this query in XXXXXXX

Based upon the symptoms that you have posted, it seems that a serious brain trauma is highly unlikely. This is clinically evidenced by absence of loss of consciousness/confusion.

Your soreness is related to the skin injury.

Please don't worry. Your broken skin in the scalp needs minor treatment

As of now you donot need any scan or urgent visit to a neurologist

You can observe. If you develop headache, vomiting or any new symptom, you can visit a local neurologist

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor