Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

History of poly cystic disease, had krimson 35, want to get pregnant.Please advice?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi i had had history of PCOD(poly cystic ovarian disease) i m in under tretment my doc give me krimson35 and i had regular period last 2 month and then she ask me to stop that medicine and she start ovuiation study in that she got to know my egg repture in 20th april but still my period not come yet i m missed period by 10days today is 10th day i have blood test on 8th day but that was negative so it means i m not preganet or is there any chaches for my preganency let me know i wanna get preganent. when do get preganent plz let me know what do i neet to for that?
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Hi Uma,

Welcome once again,

So, you did your blood test for HCG and it came negative. Since it is already 8 days were past from expected day of periods the chances of pregnancy are low this time.

The reasons for absence of withdrawal bleeding (on stopping medicines) the possibilities are,
- in PCOD there will be high LH levels in some people which will prevent withdrawal bleeding occurrence.
- may be your ovulation occurrence was wrongly interpreted.
Don't worry now what you can do is go to your gynecologist and
- get one transvaginal ultrasound done which will rule out pregnancy.
- get LH levels done to rule out high levels.
- then take progesterone course for withdrawal bleeding.
- after attaining withdrawal bleeding, continue your previous treatment and plan intercourse during the time of ovulation, this time you might get pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor