Hip replacement surgery to be done. X-ray showed white spot on the spine. Any suggestion?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am going for hip replacement surgery and an xray showed a white spot on the spine. I am going to go for an mri in a few days. What could this maybe mean?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later

Sudden appearance of a white spot on the spine is likely to be due to a malignancy or a secondary metastasis. A direct examination and seeing the X-ray will help in proper diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...
Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Joint Replacement surgeon.