Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Hip replacement, implant infection. Good surgeon?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi ,My mother had a hip replacement done in delhi(due to an accident)- but now that implant has got infection and doctor has recommended to redo the operation in terms of removing the part and puttinga new one .Can you recommend a good surgeon in Bangalore/Delhi who has done this kind of operation.Thanks
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

I am sorry to hear that your mother has developed infection in the implant and that definitely needs a removal as the infection might spread. The doctor who had implanted is the best person as it is a tailor made operation.

Here are for further information.

Dr. XXXXXXX Chandy of Hosmat. You can visit Department of Joint Replacement at BGS Global. You can visit Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Bangalore.He has various centres in different areas of Bangalore as XXXXXXX nagar, Jayanagar and Outer ring road named as 'Recoup'.He is an expert in this and is a very good Doctor.

Hope It Helps.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor